New Album: Empathy

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

If you came to my shows during the last years, you probably heard me say that I've been working on an album about animals. In June you will finally be able to hear it. Empathy, as it is called, will be released on June 14th by The Famous Gold Watch Records and it will be both Grizzly Bird's and the label's debut. A day before that, we will present it live at Barkett in Berlin SchΓΆneberg.

A pre-order is now up at Bandcamp, where you can also listen to a new song, All Is Well: https://grizzlybird.bandcamp.com/album/empathy

Apart from the usual digital stuff, the album will be released on CD - still the most practical physical product for me at this point. It will contain a booklet with incredible animal photography by our bass player Nils, as well as all the lyrics. And with this album, the lyrics are probably more important than ever. The cover picture was taken by Michael Helmer, who usually makes photos of the AllgΓ€u, my home region, that are not quite as dark. I am really happy that he let me use this one, as it fits the album perfectly.